Wednesday, April 4, 2012

First Trimester almost over??

So I'm expecting again! With my first baby I suffered hyperemesis terribly. The first trimester I went completely unmedicated, and oh, it seemed to go on forever! Such a difference this time, I still have it but I also
a. have a medication and treatment plan from the begining,
and b. know much better how to manage my diet for myself.
I'm just sick enough to not want to do much during the day, but well enough that I know I should be! My ability to eat is less, and my portions are tiny, but compared to my last pregnancy I feel amazing. That's why it's so strange to be 11 weeks already. Last pregnancy it dragged on and on, the first trimester felt like a lifetime. This time it's been so much more tollerable, the time seems to have flown by.

It's funny, what I have is still probably considered moderate to severe 'normal morning sickness', though it dosen't even rate on the HG scale. But I suppose it's all perspective right?

On the other hand, I AM having some awful hormone imbalances, quite severe ones with panic attacks and other things that have caused concerns for safety for myself and my daughter. So I've been spending a lot of time at my grandparents as Andrew just got a night shift job >_<! But we're hopeful, the signs and symptoms are pointing to this sorting itself out in the second trimester.

It's been a hectic few months, Andrew is trying to study and start his own business and all sorts of endeavours, we figure if he tries enough at once something has to come through right? :)

On a positive note, Arwen is 14 months, walking everywhere, has the personality (and the stubbornness!) of a 2 year old, and has no interest whatsoever in words, despite having the comprehension skills of a much older toddler! A walking contradiction just like her mother!

Speaking of which, someones woken up from her nap

No comments:

Post a Comment