Thursday, July 21, 2011

Taking time for the little things.

I'm currently typing this one handed as my 6 month old sleeps on my lap, curled into the crook of my arm. This is the same 6 month old who, despite rubbing her eyes in tiredness all day, has refused to sleep for more than half an hour at a time, but has now decided mummys lap is a good spot to snuggle in for, what has so far been, an hour and a half nap. I have things I need to do (namely all the things I couldn't get done because of her lack of sleep and refusal to be put down all day). The kitchen needs cleaning, the dress I am making is half finished with the makings of it scattered around the living room, and dinner is yet to be begun.

But she looks so sweet, so innocent, so lovely lying against my chest like this. How much longer will this little girl sleep upon her mothers lap? The kitchen can wait, the living room can wait, and even dinner can wait a little longer. My baby wants her mummy, and I want to savour these moments with her. She grows up too fast to wait for 'later', to be put aside for housework and chores.

Does your 'baby' want you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment